It’s about that time of the year again. Summer was wonderful, we’re sure, but it’s time to transition back into the school year. Usually this is a time of much stress and anxiety but it doesn’t have to be. Let Proguard relieve some of the stress off of your shoulders – here are some of our recommendations for top back to school packing list items and strategies:
- Firstly, you’ll need moving supplies: boxes, shoeboxes, totes, bubble wrap, newspaper/packing paper, packing tape, labels, scissors, sharpies. Never pay for your packing boxes – get them for free at your local supermarket.
You’ll need a bunch of things for your big move but you can’t do it without proper moving supplies so take care of this first.
- Bringing your clothes, bedding and linens? That inevitably means you’ll need a laundry basket and hangers so stock-up! You also don’t want to take up valuable packing and storage space with large boxes – pack your soft items, like clothing, in soft storage like suitcases, totebags and garbage bags.
- Mini-fridge. Sure, you might be on your college’s meal plan but give yourself the freedom of much needed snacking after inevitable late-night studying or fun weekend nights out. Many college cafeterias close down for the day after a certain time.
- A bedside lamp is a must if you’re sharing a room. If you want to avoid getting on your roommate’s nerves, you probably want a lamp so you can read a book, get some home-work done or whatever it is that your heart desires after your roommate’s bed time.
- Of course, you’ll need your actual college supplies. However, don’t wait until you move on campus to visit your on-campus school supply store – it’s often cheaper to buy these supplies at off-campus stores so do your back to school shopping before you move.
Also, keep in mind that many schools have a list of things you can’t bring. Examples include:
- Halogen bulbs and/or lamps
- Hotplates, skillets, toasters, toaster ovens
- Air conditioners
- Extension cords
- Nail picture hangers
Let’s talk about our personal storage solutions.
You might not want to take all of your belongings along with you to campus but your old home is no longer an option for storage. We got you. Have easy access to your belongings WITHOUT having endless clutter at your parent’s house. Your parents will thank you.
Proguard Storage rents climate and non-climate controlled spaces large and small, from closet-sized units.
Visit one of our six Houston locations today!
-The Proguard Team