It’s officially summertime! This means weekends by the pool, and that famous Houston heat!
Since the temperature is going up, have you ever wondered what to do with your wine collection? You know that temperature is the key from keeping your wines from going unpleasantly astringent and destroying corks, but what exactly is the right temperature to store them in?
Turns out, cooler than you might think – somewhere between 55 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit. Getting even up to 70 degrees Fahrenheit can lead to spoilage! That is not the way to treat your valuable collection.
Speaking of valuable – of course you want to make sure that your wine is securely stored. With individual alarms, private entrances, and 24/7 security, having your wine stored with Proguard is a no-brainer. Protect your investment!
Wine Storage Features:
- Individually-alarmed storage units hold from 21 to 692 cases
- Private entrance to facility accessed with multi-layered security
- Precision-controlled climate with redundancy
- Natural gas backup power generator
- 24/7 security and video surveillance
- Motion-sensitive lighting with UV protection
- Oak-finished storage doors and soft lighting for your comfort
Climate Control Features:
- Icynene® closed-cell insulation blocks air and moisture
- Four wine storage refrigeration units keep your collection at a precision-controlled 54-57°F
- A separate set of humidifiers monitor and maintain the humidity at a relative 58-65%
- Temperature data is tested and logged every 30 minutes
- Built-in redundancy prevents sudden climate changes
- Natural gas backup generator provides uninterrupted power in case of an outage
- Climate data and history logs are displayed on your online dashboard
- Facility is accessed with advanced computerized coded keypad and HID card reader
- Every unit is secured with a slip-in dead-bolt cylinder lock
- Every unit is individually alarmed
- Surveillance cameras monitor and record the wine storage area
- On-site management is alerted to any unauthorized access attempt
- Only you have access to your storage space
You took the time to grow your collection, don’t let unpredictable weather patterns ruin your wine. Call us today or learn more about our wine storage solutions here.
-The Proguard Team
If you have more to store than just wine, check out all our self storage locations for more information on a Proguard location near you!