It may not be the traditional American fall here in Houston, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy ourselves! We can’t wait to bring our families along to all of these exciting kid-friendly Houston activities this fall.
Here’s some of our favorite Houston fall events in the upcoming weeks:
- Miller Outdoor Theatre offers culturally and artistically diverse daytime children’s programming as part of its season of free productions. Enjoy one of their FREE children’s performances on the lawn with a picnic. Learn more.
- Pick up seasonal farm fresh produce and locally made bread, jams and more at local farmers markets – check out this article by Mommy Poppins for a full list of options!
- Have you attended Children’s Story Hour at the Family Garden in McGovern Centennial Gardens at Hermann Park yet? It’s every friday! Learn more here.
- Animals to see, trails to hike and fun to be had! Take a guided nature hike or tour a vintage 1800’s farmhouse while exploring Armand Bayou Nature Center. Free admission on the first and third Sundays of each month!
- Come on out to the Original Greek Festival at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral from Oct. 4- Oct. 7, 2018! Learn more here.
- Missed Zoo Boo last year? You’re in luck! Take the opportunity to celebrate Halloween at the Houston Zoo with activities for the whole family! Visit the Houston Zoo website for more info.
- OR you can also just enjoy the Houston Zoo for FREE on Tuesdays!
- Have a little detective on your hands? Bring them to Detective Days at Bayou Bend where they can solve seasonal riddles using clues that teach about horticulture, art, design, and American history! Learn more.
- Have a thing for inflatables? Love running? Then you and your kids will love the Inflatable Festival & Run in Pasadena Oct. 13, 2018!
- Check out the coolest local art Houston has to offer at the Bayou City Art Festival Oct. 13-14, 2018.
Happy fall and have fun, Houston!!
-The Proguard Team
Check out our self storage locations for more information on a Proguard near you!