For more Seasonal Storage Tips check out our A Guide to Organizing Your Seasonal Storage
The holidays may be over with, which means it’s time to work on paying off those credit card bills, organize your home with all your family’s new Christmas gifts (consider a Houston self storage unit if you’re struggling to find adequate space around the house) and get back into the swing of school and work. But just because the so-called “most wonderful time of the year” has passed doesn’t mean that you can’t have some fun this Houston in and around town. Here’s a look at some notable events and things to do in between getting back in the swing of things:
- Be the Astronaut: You’ve better get down to the Space Center Houston quickly, as this program – which began in October – ends on January 3. The hands-on exhibit permits visitors to travel space, just as how an astronaut would, in a special simulator. Again, it’s important to note that this program concludes on January 3, so get to Space Center Houston quickly if you want to experience it.
- Galveston Restaurant Week: This isn’t quite Houston-centric, but if you’re a fan of food, get down to Galveston between January 9 and January 23 for its annual restaurant week.
- Ice Sculptures with SpongeBob: For the kids, head on down to Moody Gardens to see SpongeBob SquarePants-themed ice sculptures. But you’d better hurry, because this ice exhibit ends on January 10.
- Chevron Houston Marathon: One nice thing about Houston is that the climate permits year-round outdoor activities. One such activity is the Chevron Houston Marathon, which is slated for January 17. Participants can chose from distances of 26.2, 13.1 and 3.1 miles, and the event starts and ends at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
- Field of Light: Held at Discovery Green, the annual light display created by artist Bruce Munro lasts through February 21.
- Alley All New Festival: Beginning January 28, this first-of-its-kind event is free to the public and features a bevy of theatrical plays from noted playwrights.
As you can see, just because the holidays are over with doesn’t mean life has to go back to all work and no play. There are a bevy of events to keep the whole family involved and entertained in Houston this January 2016.
If you are in the need of storage, learn more about our storage locations in the Houston, Texas area on our website.